"Escribo porque necesito recordar y superar. Es a partir de la memoria y un sentimiento de pérdida que la pasión de crear surge".
Isabel Allende
To Caleb
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
A smile
Cooing
Laughter
Calling
Eyes which shimmer even if there is no light in them
A body which sways back and forth
Excitement in my voice received with gladness
He is here five years later
He is here, and I am happy
This meditation was written by my brother Arturo for my son Caleb's memorial service and translated by my friend and co-worker Rachel Herring. Thank you both. A CHILD IN OUR MIDST Matthew 18 1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 He called a little child to him and set him in the midst of them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus is not inclined to give easy answers. We tend to trivialize the disciples’ questioning of Jesus about who is most important in the kingdom of heaven, as though it were a superficial question, an expression of their egoism and self-interest. This is a mistake. The question is a deeper, and important, one. It’s a question of defining the nature of relationships in the new, longed-for reality of the kingdom of heaven. It’s a question of understandi...
Esta reflexión la escribió mi hermano Arturo para el servicio fúnebre de mi hijo Caleb. UN NIÑO EN MEDIO Mateo 18:1 En ese momento los discípulos se acercaron a Jesús y le preguntaron: —¿Quién es el más importante en el reino de los cielos? 2 Él llamó a un niño y lo puso en medio de ellos. 3 Entonces dijo: —Les aseguro que a menos que ustedes cambien y se vuelvan como niños, no entrarán en el reino de los cielos. Jesús no suele dar respuestas sencillas. Tendemos a banalizar la pregunta que los discípulos le hacen a Jesús acerca de quién es el más importante en el reino de los cielos, como si se tratara de una pregunta superficial, expresión de su egoísmo e intereses propios. Ese es un error. La pregunta tiene mucho sentido e importancia. Se trata de definir cómo serán las relaciones en esta realidad nueva y esperada que es el reino de los cielos. Se trata de entender cómo vivirá cada quien dentro de ese reino, qué rol le tocará jugar. La respuesta de Jesús no es sen...
I looked at the ultrasound screen in the radiology room. It read Morley ^Caleb^ Arturo. Seeing his name on the screen took me back to the time when I was searching for a name for my son. I knew I wanted "Arturo" to be part of his name. "Arturo" is my brother's name. Arturo is tall and handsome, bright and intense. I've always said he's the smartest of all five of us. So when I learned my son may be born with a chromosomal abnormality that would render him less than "perfect," I second guessed my name choice. I looked for biblical names, names that would remind me that God was with us. Such a name would be appropriate, even necessary to help us face and embrace whatever was coming our way. But "Arturo"? Could I name a child who would most likely be mentally retarded and have abnormal features "Arturo"? It didn't seem to be a good match. I felt ashamed. In the end, we chose to name our future baby boy "Caleb Art...
Comments
Post a Comment