It's True




It's true you are in a better place now
but the truth is I want you here with me
It's true that now you can do so many things
but the truth is nothing had to change for me to love you more

People tell me, "Now he can walk"
They don't know that offers no relief
Because the truth is that even now
all I want is a happy Caleb rolling on the floor

My prayer was never you would walk someday
I never prayed you'd talk
I wanted you to see me
And I believe you did

Perhaps you saw me through your ears
You turned to me
You smiled at me
You got excited when you heard me at the door

No, people don't understand how come I would trade Heaven
They don't know the void you've left
Comfort will come
Other Truths will settle in my heart
But for now the truth is
I wish you were still here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autorretrato

The Prophet

Is it Love?